ProSiteFinder.exe Description :
ProSiteFinder.exe Recommendation :
|If, like us, you do not want this advertising software on your PC, and particularly if you did not realise it had been installed, do as follows to remove it :
1) If you have Windows ME/XP/2003, run the SET SYSTEM RESTORE POINT menu option from the "Tools" menu of TUT. This will ensure that, should it be needed, you can restore your PC to the state it had before this procedure.
2) Go to the "Add\Remove Programs" icon in the Control Panel and remove anything with the names 180Solutions, 180Search Assistant, 180Search Toolbar, Media Gateway, or ProSiteFinder in it.
3) If you have Windows ME/XP/2003 do another TUT System Restore Point as in (1) above.
4) Restart your PC into Safe Mode by pressing F8 continually after turning your PC ON, till you get a menu where "Safe Mode" is one of the options (if you are unable to start your PC into Safe Mode, then try the following in Normal Mode).
5) Switch over to the Services tab if you have Windows 2000/XP/2003 and set to Disabled the Startup Mode of any service which looks like belonging to 180Solutions, 180Search Assistant, 180Search Toolbar, Media Gateway, or ProSiteFinder .
6) Finally, go over to the Startups tab and disable any startup which again looks like belonging to 180Solutions, 180Search Assistant, 180Search Toolbar, Media Gateway, or ProSiteFinder. Do not forget to click the big green APPLY button to make your changes stick.
Next, for each of the startups you have disabled, right-click on the startup and choose Delete from the hard disk the file that this startup points to.
7) Run a full virus scan on your PC.
8) Restart your PC into Normal Mode, update your anti-spyware software and run a full anti-spyware scan (if you do not have anti-spyware software, download SpyBot from our www.ATWDOWNLOADS.com page).